Contract: Permanent Part Time
Hours of work will be: 1 day per week alternating between Saturday (6 hours) and Monday (8 hours) plus cover for leave when required.
Location: SPCA Christchurch Centre
The Christchurch Vet Clinic provides Veterinary care to SPCA animals and is not open to the public. Our clinic acts as a training clinic for ARA Veterinary Nursing students and helps to reduce SPCA costs so that more animals can be helped. Our nursing team are proactive, taking the lead with collecting bloods, placing catheters, intubation and comprehensive anaesthetic monitoring.
The role will include nursing, cleaning and animal handling.
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Hold a Certificate or Diploma in Veterinary Nursing.
· Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence including empathy and resilience.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Have confidence in surgical and hospital nursing.
· Be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads with excellent time management skills.
· Have excellent computer skills. Quick and accurate typing skills are desirable.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
If you are interested in a role where the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you!
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Please apply now with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Friday 18th June 2021.