Location: SPCA Auckland Centre, Mangere
Contract: Permanent Full Time (part-time may be considered)
Hours: 8.00am- 4.30pm, 5 rostered days per week plus two weekend days a month
We are looking for a fully qualified and friendly veterinarian to join the SPCA Auckland Veterinary Hospital. While experience is desirable, recent graduates may be considered if they are the right fit for the role, as collegial and professional support and mentoring will be provided.
Vets at the village are supported by qualified nurses along with multiple assistants and volunteers. The SPCA handles thousands of animals per year and the opportunity for education and experience is limitless. The hospital is equipped with all the daily functioning equipment along with digital full body and dental x-ray, dental machine, IV fluid pumps, aesthetic monitoring equipment, Mindray ultrasound machine, Panoptic ophthalmoscope and full surgical suite.
The successful candidate would need to be confident with routine surgery and medicine. Flexibility in regard to key work focus or preferences can be considered, such as a high surgery workload if desired, including orthopaedic surgery. You will need to be comfortable working with nursing staff and have the ability to work with several different groups within the SPCA Village.
· Working directly with the animals for the animals
· Minimal weekend shifts may be required which means more weekends off to enjoy family time and all stunning New Zealand has to offer!
· Normal business hours and regular breaks, no after hours
· Great learning opportunity with staff who have years of experience working in animal welfare
· Opportunity to work with a devoted team whose core values are about reducing suffering and improving the welfare of the abandoned animals in need. We have a young, motivated and progressive team of vets and nurses willing to embrace change
· Work with a team of people who love to share their knowledge and experience, supportive staff with a great sense of humour
· Great CPD benefits to encourage and assist vets with learning opportunities and study
· Flexibility for the right applicant will be considered in regard to hours and getting the right fit for the right person
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1872. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you!
Please apply now with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
A position description is available on request.
If you would like further information, or would just like to have a confidential chat, please contact Aoife Cannon (Head Veterinarian) via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 4th July 2021.