Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours/week – Rostered Mon-Sun between 7.30am and 4.30pm. You will be required to work at least 2 weekend days per month on a rostered basis.
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre (Mangere)
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and friendly Vet Nurse to join the SPCA Auckland Veterinary Hospital. While experience is desirable, recent graduates may be considered if they are the right fit for the role.
Our dedicated team of Veterinary Nurses provide professional support to our Vets to achieve the best outcome for animals. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment.
We are currently on the lookout for a motivated, compassionate, fully qualified vet nurse with an excellent work ethic and clinical skills. We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
What we can offer you
SPCA is a great place to work where some of the benefits include a caring team environment, competitive pay rates, and discounted pet food and accessories.
Other Benefits include:
· Working directly with the animals for the animals.
· Regular breaks – breaks here are essential and respected!
· Opportunity to develop advanced vet nursing skills.
· Opportunity to care for different species of animals.
· CPD opportunities.
· Great “purrks”! Including a paid day off for your birthday.
· Opportunity to work with a devoted team whose core values are about reducing suffering and improving the welfare of the abandoned animals in need.
· Work with a team of people who love to share their knowledge and experience in animal welfare, supportive staff with a great sense of humor.
· Flexibility for the right applicant will be considered in regard to hours and getting the right fit for the right person.
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
· Veterinary nursing qualification (or other relevant qualification).
· Be flexible with hours and able to work rostered hours including weekends.
· Animal handling skills, general anaesthetic monitoring, surgical and inpatient nursing.
· Have the ability to work in a high performance, fast paced environment.
· Have excellent communication and time management skills.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking and able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
· Able to work with and support both staff members and volunteers.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do .
Please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
If you would like further information, or would just like to have a confidential chat, please contact Andrea Castro (Head Vet Nurse) via email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications close on 02/12/2022.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.