Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday
Location: SPCA Morrinsville Op Shop
We are seeking a passionate retail manager for our new Morrinsville SPCA Op Shop. The position will require strong leadership with a focus on driving revenue through excellent customer service. The role will be busy, challenging and rewarding.
You will be responsible for the daily management of the shop and all staff, including predominantly a volunteer team, it also includes general administration and reporting. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a positive and infectious attitude. You will have good attention to detail and the ability to merchandise and present a retail shop to maximize revenue.
About the role:
• Leadership of a team
• Driving revenue
• Customer service and sales
• Undertaking daily cash up and banking
• Maintaining the Health and Safety of the shop
• Merchandising and display
• Sorting and storing donated goods
What we can offer you
· The opportunity to help make a difference for New Zealand's animals while working with a team of passionate volunteers
· You will go home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
· Great “purrks”! Including a paid day off for your birthday
Our ideal candidate will:
• Feel comfortable leading a team, performing managerial tasks.
• Have experience in customer service and sales with the ability to coach them
• Have the ability to price and manage incoming donated goods
• Have a keen eye for visual merchandising
• Have excellent communication and customer service skills
• Have the ability to prioritise and effectively manage workloads
• Have experience with volunteer supervision
• Be a strong team player with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. We have SPCA Op Shops throughout New Zealand, and when you shop with us, not only are you shopping sustainably by buying second hand, but the money spent contributes to helping New Zealand's abandoned, abused and neglected animals, so you can feel good while you shop and work! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close Wednesday 6th December 2022.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.