Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work: 15 hours per week, Sundays & Mondays
Location: SPCA Whangaparaoa Op Shop
An experienced Op Shop Retail Assistant is required to oversee the day to day operations of our new SPCA Whangaparaoa Op Shop; optimizing sales revenue and to run the Op Shop on Sunday and Monday in the absence of the Op Shop Manager.
About the role:
• Customer service and sales
• Training and managing the volunteer team,
• Operating the Point of Sale tool
• Undertaking daily cash up and banking
• Maintaining the Health and Safety of the shop
• Merchandising and display
• Accepting, sorting and pricing donated goods to sell
• Growing sales
What we can offer you
· The opportunity to help make a difference for New Zealand's animals while working with a team of passionate volunteers
· You will go home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
· Great “purrks”! Including a paid day off for your birthday
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have experience in customer service and sales, preferably in a retail environment
• Have the ability to price and manage incoming donated goods
• Have excellent communication and customer service skills
• Have the ability to prioritize and effectively manage workloads
• Have people leadership experience, ideally within the not for profit sector with volunteers
• Be a strong team player with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. We have SPCA Op Shops throughout New Zealand, and when you shop with us, not only are you shopping sustainably by buying second hand, but the money spent contributes to helping New Zealand's abandoned, abused and neglected animals, so you can feel good while you shop and work! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! Applications without a cover letter stating why your feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.
Applications close on 1st December 2022. Applications may close sooner subject to quality and suitability of applications.