Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work: 16 hours per week, Sunday and Monday
Location: SPCA Op Shop Onehunga – Auckland
The SPCA are seeking a passionate Retail Op Shop Assistant. To assist with overseeing the daily retail operations and optimise sales opportunities in our Onehunga Op Shop.
About the role:
• Lead our team of volunteers on Sunday and Monday
• Customer service and sales
. Trade Me sales and customer enquiries
• Visual merchandising
• Processing incoming donated goods
• Undertaking daily cash up and banking
• Maintaining the Health and Safety of the shop
What we can offer you
· The opportunity to help make a difference for New Zealand's animals while working with a team of passionate volunteers
· Great “purrks”! Including a paid day off for your birthday
· You will go home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, be solutions focused with friendly and positive can-do attitude.
• Have experience with volunteer supervision
· Excellent organisation skills, be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Strong administration and computer skills
We can offer you the opportunity to help make a difference for New Zealand's animals while working with a number of passionate volunteers and SPCA team members. The SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! Applications without a cover letter stating why your feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Sunday 4th December 2022
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.