Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work: 8 hours per week, Sunday
Location: SPCA Op Shop – East Auckland
The SPCA are seeking a passionate Retail Op Shop Assistant to assist with overseeing the daily retail operations and optimise sales opportunities in our Beachlands Op Shop.
About the role:
• Lead our team of volunteers on Sunday
• Customer service and sales
. Trade Me sales and customer enquiries
• Visual merchandising
• Processing incoming donated goods
• Undertaking daily cash up and banking
• Maintaining the Health and Safety of the shop
What we can offer you
· The opportunity to help make a difference for New Zealand's animals while working with a team of passionate volunteers
· You will go home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
· Great “purrks”! Including a paid day off for your birthday
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, be solutions focused with friendly and positive can-do attitude.
• Have experience with volunteer supervision
· Excellent organisation skills, be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Strong administration and computer skills
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. We have SPCA Op Shops throughout New Zealand, and when you shop with us, not only are you shopping sustainably by buying second hand, but the money spent contributes to helping New Zealand's abandoned, abused and neglected animals, so you can feel good while you shop and work! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.
Applications close on 4th December 2022, but may close sooner depending on the volume and caliber of applicants.