Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Are you seeking an opportunity in HR that will give you a real sense of purpose? Are you tired of spending hours sitting in traffic and would like a role that gives you more time for you?
What can we offer you?
· An amazing culture and highly passionate people to work alongside
· A fun, supportive team environment
· SPCA discounts for you and your pets
· A flexible work environment. This role can be based either in our Mangere Centre, or our Henderson based office, however there is the opportunity to work some days from home (in line with company policy).
This is an opportunity to be a trusted advisor, partnering with our people leaders nationally on all HR related matters. A generalist role which will give you the opportunity to utilise, and build on, the skills and experience you have already gained in your career to date.
Most importantly you get to finish work each day knowing that your contribution creates a better life for New Zealand’s most vulnerable animals! What’s not to love?
What do we need from you?
· 2-3 years' NZ experience in an HR role where you have had significant ER exposure
· Proven ability to remotely partner with People Leaders to provide them with the tools and skills to proactively manage the HR requirements of their team
· Experience working in a multi-site organisation and/or retail would be beneficial
· Strong knowledge of HR processes and NZ employment legislation and how to pragmatically apply this on a day to day basis
· High levels of empathy combined with the confidence to deal with conflict resolution
· Some experience in Health, Safety & Wellbeing would be great, but is not essential
· The ability to hit the ground running and quickly settle into a new role/environment
We are looking for a well-rounded HR Practitioner who has the ability to think on their feet and is passionate about making a difference for our people. The ability to build rapport quickly and communicate with people at all levels across the organisation is a must.
A little bit about us
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
If you need more reasons why a job at the SPCA is so rewarding – head along to our website https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do to see to the difference we are making on a daily basis.
If you think you have what it takes, please apply with your CV and covering letter. Applications for this role close on 09 December 2022, but may close sooner depending on the volume and calibre of applications received. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Applicants must be NZ Citizen or hold a permanent residence class visa.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.