Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work: 24 hours per week
Location: Wellington SPCA
About the role:
We are seeking candidates with excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare to join our busy Wellington customer services team. This role will include weekends & public holidays, therefore flexibility is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like-minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
This role involves active participation in our reception area to ensure the efficient and effective operation of our front-of-house by performing a variety of duties to a high standard.
Duties will include:
- Provides excellent customer service to SPCA visitors.
- Provides administrative support to the centre, including data entry.
- Deals with all incoming enquiries regarding animal adoptions, retail, general enquiries and SPCA services in person, via phone or website.
- Ensures all members of the public are treated in a non-judgmental manner, with respect and empathy.
- Responds to calls, emails and messages in a timely manner with accurate and helpful information.
- Works flexibly, professionally, and collaboratively to ensure reception is operating in an effective and responsive manner.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
- Affinity with the SPCA and the work we do in our communities.
Who we are:
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. To find out more about us, go here: https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will not be considered.
Applications close Friday 2 December 2022.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.