Permanent Full-time role
40hrs per week over 5 days on a rotating roster
SPCA Centres - Auckland and Hobsonville
About the role
We are seeking candidates with animal behaviour and training qualifications and practical skills as well as a passion for animal welfare as the Auckland SPCA has a position available as an Animal Enrichment Co-ordinator.
The position is 40 hours a week, and will include weekends & public holidays, therefore flexibility in regard to days and hours of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Duties will include:
· Enhancing opportunities for socialisation, enrichment and behaviour modification for SPCA animals in the shelter and at foster.
· Ensuring an evidence based enrichment programme is developed for each companion animal species and area.
· Developing an action plan which outlines timeframes and priorities for implementation of the enrichment programme
· Working with other departments to ensure enrichment plans are effective and goals are being achieved.
· Participating in the training and assessment(s) of team members and ensuring effective, consistent and compliant activation of the enrichment programme by staff and volunteers.
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge and experience in behaviour and training
· Have applicable tertiary qualification e.g. animal care, animal welfare, canine training and behaviour would be preferable
· Have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have excellent written and oral communication skills, including report writing, development of written procedures, the delivery of training and presentations.
· Be highly organised with the ability to prioritise, multi task and meet expected deadlines.
· Have sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Active, physically able to cope with the rigor of the job
· Full, current New Zealand driver’s licence
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.