Contract: Permanent Full-time role
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Location: SPCA Centre Napier
About the role
The Feline Team Leader acts as a key member of the Animal Attendant team, providing specialist animal welfare knowledge and guidance as appropriate. They support the Centre Manager as required, and ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Animal Attendant team and ensures that Centre standards are maintained.
They participate in recruitment and oversee, train and mentor all animal attendant staff and volunteers with their operational daily duties, training and continuing development.
They are responsible for the administration and compliance of a veterinary operating instruction (VOI) relating to vaccinations, including the appropriate holding and handling of restricted veterinary medicines.
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Vet nursing qualification with relevant experience in the animal care/welfare industry.
· Previous staff leadership experience is desired and the potential to develop staff leadership skills to a high competency level.
· The ability to make sound, informed decisions based on animal welfare.
· Proficient use in MS Word and Outlook.
· Demonstrated strengths in accuracy, precision and attention to detail.
· Confidence in handling companion animals displaying a range of temperaments
· Experience in Animal drug administration
· A sound understanding of animal behaviour
· Be highly organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet expected deadlines.
· The ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
· The ability to manage stress and handle emotional situations while retaining empathy.
· The ability to work in the field which requires a degree of physical fitness.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· A clean Full Driver’s License.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 2 July 2021.